Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated: June 16, 2020
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy” or “AUP) describes acceptable and prohibited uses of the Starling Minds’ online product, application or service (including any online cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) module training programs) (together, the “Programs”) offered to you as the employee, contractor or associate of Starling Mind’s client (“Member”) and Starling Minds Inc. having an address at Suite 103 – 131 Water Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 4M3 (“Starling Minds”, “we” or “us”).
The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by notifying you. By using the Programs, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Programs.
You must use the Programs in a manner that does not violate applicable law, regulation or social norms. Explicitly do not:
- Use, reuse, repost, distribute, provide access to others to, copy, modify, or transmit the Programs and related information for any commercial purpose or for public use;
- Create a Starling Minds account (“Account”) using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself;
- Sublicense, rent, lease, sell, trade, gift, bequeath or otherwise grant access to or transfer your Account to anyone else;
- Use the Programs, intentionally or unintentionally, in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- Attempt to gain access to the Programs, Accounts registered to others or to the computers, servers, or networks connected to the Programs by any means other than the user interface provided by us and through your Account, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, server or software that is part of the Programs;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Programs or connect to or use the Programs in any way not expressly permitted by this Policy;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software, content or other intellectual property (together the “IP”) used to provide the Programs, or to obtain any information from the Program using any method not expressly permitted by us; or
- Modify or alter the Programs in any respect, merge the Programs with other data or publish Content in any form. You must not “screen scrape”, “database scrape” or participate in any other activity to collect, store, re-organize, or manipulate data on the pages displayed or produced by the Programs.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Programs for any illegal, harmful or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive or violates community norms. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal Activities. Any illegal activities.
- Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Activities that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, or engaging in other deceptive practices.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
- Harassment or abuse. Using the Programs to harass, abuse, troll or otherwise engage in socially negative conduct to other members or to third parties.
No Security Violations
You may not use the Programs to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
No Network Abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.