About Starling Minds
We are currently undergoing a global mental health epidemic. 1 in 5 Canadians suffer from mental illness annually wherein 60% are left untreated due to cost, access, or stigma. As a result, staggering costs are incurred by affected individuals and their employers.
Starling Minds’ mission is to make affordable and effective mental health care accessible to everyone. We sell our Workplace Mental Health Platform to organizations as an on-demand, 100% digital Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) solution so that there are minimal barriers for employees to access evidence-based support.
We are open to accepting applications for our therapy team. Are you a seasoned therapist, you are interested in coupling technology with evidence-based CBT to help employees manage stress, anxiety, and depression. Are you excited by the promise technology is bringing to healthcare? At Starling, our sole focus is to empower people to build resilience against stress, anxiety, and depression using digital CBT.
Skills and Requirements
- A Master’s degree in counselling or related-field
- Registration with a clinical professional licensing body (e.g., RSW, CCC, RCC)
- 10+ years counselling experience
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and mindfulness-based interventions
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and effective therapeutic relationships
- Conscientious approach to note taking and client data collection
- Empathetic nature and positive attitude to challenges
- Full time, permanent (40 hours/week)
- Starling Minds is located in Vancouver, BC (Gastown neighbourhood)